Friday, December 26, 2008

Tis the season!


This holiday season flew by for us! I can't believe Christmas is over...it seems like we just put up the old christmas tree yesterday! It's kinda sad to think that all of the fun we had been anticipating for so long has passed - there's always next year though! That being said we definitely had a blast this year and it will be hard to top it! So many great things took place - family gatherings with family members we rarely see, a new puppy, an excited little girl and let's not forget the unexpected snow! Having a yard blanketed in white powder made the lights and decorations on our house all the more festive! We had a blast playing outside with Gracie in the snow and it was such a treat to wake up Christmas morning with big fat snowflakes falling - it was almost magical! It's been a long time (at least 10 years) since we've had a white christmas here! We thoroughly enjoyed our time with family and friends and we wish moments like the ones we just shared could happen more often! As Christmas day approached I started to reflect upon all of the goodness that is in my life and I couldn't believe how blessed I truly am! I have a WONDERFUL family! Over the years Mark and I have grown to be the very best of friends - we have so much in common that the little things that irritate and annoy us seem to dissapear rather easily with a look, a kiss or a good old fashion 'goose'! I count the strong marriage that I have as one of my biggest blessings from God. Another one of my big blessings is my beautiful baby girl - Ms. Gracie Lynn. She is a riot!! Those of you who get to see her often know exactly what I'm talking about - she's spunk and sass and a little bit of silly... I just love her to pieces - some times I want to squeeze her so tight that I think I might brake her! I love this season for all that it represents and for the sweet spirit that seems to hover over all of us like a wisp of air. We had so much fun and we're now looking for ways to keep Christmas in our home all year long - I think we'll keep the mistltoe up - we are trying to have another baby after all!:)
Oh! Below you'll find a video of Gracie with her new gifts... a puppy and a stroller - need I say more?:)

3 comments:

elleskiles said...

The video of Gracie is super cute. I love that she is pushing the puppy around. Also, nice pic of Mark and his studly cologne.

dunnfamily2 said...

that video is priceless! getting back on the baby bandwagon again huh? lots of luck to you! hope the mistletoe helps :)

elleskiles said...

Anne,

Thanks for the comments on my blog. It's nice to have one friend reading it:) I enjoyed reading your "True Love Has No Beginning." I got a little teary-eyed. It's so true. Glad you found your other half.