Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Paddle & Putt

With Mark's schedule always changing we have learned to become quite spontaneous, that's why just a few days ago we decided to make the most of Mark's 3 day weeked and travel over to Sun Lakes (in central washington) to camp and play. We left Sunday afternoon at 3pm and arrived at the Sun Lakes Resort at 7pm. We set up camp and grabbed a bite to eat at the Sun Lakes Cafe. We walked around the resort and then headed back to camp where we made delicious s'mores...


Our glowing s'mores angel :)

That night we fell asleep to a movie on Gracie's DVD player. The next morning we woke early, had breakfast, and made our way down to the water. We rented a boat and away we went... 
My sexy skipper sporting the 'blue steel' look.

Hey muscles! Me-owwww!!! :)

Gracie had fun on the boat,

especially when daddy taught her how to row!
(watch the video clip)

I let Mark rest and took over rowing duty. Sadly, it lasted about 3 minutes (look at the concentration on my face - rowing is hard work!)

By 11am the sun was definitely hot and we were ready for the pool!
One of gracie's favorite things to do when we swim is go all the way under with a partner...

 
(Watch the video clip)

Later that afternoon we drove to the Grand Coulee Dam (about an hour drive from the resort).

That evening we hit the Putt-Putt course...

Mark teaching gracie how to hold the club.

Despite the most excellent lesson, Gracie prefered a more non-traditional approach.
Although I was kicking Mark's trash at the beginning of our game, Mark still ended up beating me. A re-match was definitely in the works!



On our way home we stopped at Dry Falls.
The next few shots were all taken under Gracie's direction...



At the end of this little photo shoot I said, "Wow Grace! You really know how to work the camera!" To this Gracie replied, "Yeah, I'm gonna be a Top Model!" (We shall see... :)

We stopped in Leavenworth for lunch and another round of Mini-golf. (I told you a re-match was in the works! :)

Gracie patiently waiting while Mom and Dad take their time putting... making every stroke count.


This is the hole that Gracie got a hole-in-one at!
Way to go Gracie!!!

At the beginning of our 2nd round of putt-putt Mark was kicking my trash, but towards the end I made a valiant recovery and beat him on the last 9 holes. Overall, Mark won both games, but, I'd like to think that's because I don't like seeing him unhappy so I sub-consciously sabotage my awesome game play so that he can win... because there's no way that he's better than me! :)

Sun Lakes was a quick trip full of fun mini-adventures...
we can't wait to see where our spontaneity takes us next!

No comments: