Saturday, July 30, 2011

30 years ago...

Hard to believe that 30 years ago my handsome hubby was born!


To celebrate this special occasion we planned 36 hours of fun. To kick things off we went out to eat at The Trumpeter with Mark's parents. Then we headed back to our home to open presents...
Nothing beats a meaningful card and money!
(Thanks mom and dad)

Okay, I lied. A kiss from Gracie beats out the card and money! :)

Mark requested a Lemon Meringue pie for his b-day treat and so naturally I tried to find the very BEST one. A friend of mine told me to try 'The Farmhouse' restaurant near La Conner. She told me they make the BIGGEST and BEST pies EVER. Boy, was she right! When I went to pick up Mark's Double baked Lemon Meringue pie I had no idea that we would need a U-Haul to transport it home...

"Francis Peak"

We enjoyed our pie, watched a video slide show that I put together in lieu of Mark's big day, and topped things off with the movie "Source Code". It was a fun evening! Grandma and Pop took Gracie home (Thanks again Mom and Dad), and we enjoyed a  really nice night together - watching another movie, talking in bed till 2:30am and things like that. : )
The next day we slept in (ahhhhhhh....), ate Lemon Meringue pie for breakfast, worked out together, then headed down to Marysville. We took Gracie to the park and had a really great time exploring with her.
Later in the evening we met our dearest friends for dinner and a movie.
(you'll have to excuse the picture quality - our camera is on the fritz!)
(Not pictured: Sarah and Audrey)

Hola Senor!...

Es muy guapo en ese sombrero! Quiero darte un beso! :)

We have spent nearly half our lives together and I love you more than I ever have.
Happy, Happy birthday sweetheart!

2 comments:

elleskiles said...

I think def. think mark has rocked his 30 years. i seriously have no words for the lemon meringue. my mouth literally just dropped. i've gotta check this place out. i am thinking a mountain of chocolate. thanks for having us be a part of it all.

Bean said...

I totally agree with the pie comment from above - I called Bryan over and he just stared too...HOLY Francis Peak!
I remember the day Mark was brought home from the hospital. For a newborn, he was HUGE to a little girl - and when mom opened the blanket and rolled him over, he was the harriest thing I had ever seen! I've loved my lil bro since that first scare :)
I'm glad you guys had fun celebrating!
Love Bean