Sunday, January 30, 2011

four years ago...

Dear Grace,
Four years ago you and I shared the same skin. I was round and glowing and for the most part very happy. Now granted, some days I felt like 1 more hour of being pregnant with you was actually going to kill me, but most of the time I felt like a princess - a plump princess. Your daddy took very good care of me - telling me how beautiful I was, rubbing my belly like a genie lamp, massaging my feet and listening to me moan and complain at the end of the day. He and I would constantly talk about how different our lives were going to be once you arrived - as if we had a clue! :) We discussed what features we hoped you took from each of us and what life lessons we must teach you. We planned and prepared for you the best we could and we felt confident... then the big day came. You were born and our lives truly changed forevermore - just like we had anticipated, yet nothing like we had anticipated. All of the talking and planning and preparing has had it's advantages but in the scheme of things we are flying by the seat of our pants! You were nothing like we imagined... in fact, you have far exceeded our expectations and I couldn't dream up a better little girl. Sure, you have your moments, we all do, but I have seen your fits before - they are the same ones I am prone to throw! I know that when your tongue is hanging out you are in a deep state of concentration - I know this because this is what daddy looks like when he is focused. I know that when you twirl your hair you are tired because I do the same thing to relax myself to sleep at night. And I know that when your eyes are small and glossy that you aren't feeling well because daddy's eyes look the same way when he is ill. I know you well because you are a perfect blend of both daddy and mommy. You are something that only God could create and I am proud of you. As of yet, you are my only child and if that never changes I will be content because you alone are enough to make me happy forever. We celebrate your birth because it was the day a new chapter in our lives opened. On your birthday we thank our Heavenly Father for gifting us you and we celebrate you!
OKAY, mommy is done with the warm fuzzy side of things, let's talk about your party...

The theme was PARTY LIKE A PRINCESS!!! (or a knight)...

(Gabe, Camille, you and Remedy. Connor is shopping in the background :)

Every princess needs a castle...

You and your friends did a great job decorating it!


           The "unveiling" of your gift from mom and dad,
                            a homemade barbie dollhouse!


What's a party without Ariel?

                You were tickled pink!!!

Four years ago you melted my heart.
Today, you still do.
Happy Birthday Princess Grace!
Love,
Mommy


2 comments:

elleskiles said...

i am saying it out LOUD! i just LOVE you! you are such a SUPER mom and lovely friend. mark and gracie are blessed to have you as you are them. thanks for sharing your talent. i mean i didn't get the spectacular dollhouse but came close since gabe and camille got to play with it. you are so wonderful. i know this is about grace but the apple or little girl doesn't fall far from the momma love tree. love to hear your voice (literally and through your words). happy four years to you! cheers...

annabell bash said...

I LOVE YOU TOO! As I was reading your comment Michelle, I couldn't help but thank God for you - my dear friend. You too are a super mom - don't ever think otherwise. Love, love, love you.