Saturday, June 19, 2010

The things you say...

* The other day we went to Bowman Bay with Gracie's cousins (who are currently up here visiting from Arizona). We had a great time playing on the beach and hiking up the trails. While her cousin Brennan (8) was picking on her cousin Kaylin (3) Gracie became very protective over Kaylin and went up to Brennan, grabbed him by the shirt and said, "You mess with my friend, you pay!"

* Last night while we tucked Gracie into bed she asked if she could sleep with Mommy and Daddy. I told her 'no, not tonight'. She said, "please, please, please?" Mark said, "No bud, not tonight." She said okay and we continued reading. A few minutes later she asked again. I said, "Gracie, you're sleeping in your bed tonight." She looked up at her bedroom wall and pointed to a picture of Jesus and said, "Jesus told me I can sleep in your room!"

* While making dinner, Mark surprised me with a little smooch. I returned the affection and he squeezed my back end - Gracie walked up to us and said, "Um guys... that's disgusting!"

* While "milking" a cow at the Everett Children's museum Gracie looked up at me and said, "Look Momma! I'm pulling it's weiner!"

For a recent Primary sharing time lesson I had the kids dress up like Nephi. When we came home from church Gracie wanted to wear the costume. Here's a picture of her as Nephi - ready to hunt!


In this next picture Gracie is being "tough"... I wouldn't mess with her!



No comments: