Saturday, May 1, 2010

My 'famous twin'

Over the past few years I've been told a couple dozen times that I look like Kelly Ripa. When a stranger stares at me with a puzzled look on their face, I can feel the question brewing... "Do you know who you look like?" I chuckle and think to myself, 'Kelly Ripa?'. They of course proceed to tell me exactly that. Kelly Ripa, huh? ... I guess I can see a few similarities - blonde hair, big smiles, and hubbies named 'Mark', but the similarities end there. She has green eyes and I have blue (although she wears blue contacts), she has a pointed nose and I was blessed with my father's 'pig nose', she weighs in at 112 lbs and I last weighed that much in the 9th grade! I guess if she ever needed a 30lb overweight stunt double, I'm available. I didn't really think much of my "famous twin" until a few weeks ago when my sweet daughter thought she recognized me on the television...
I was flipping through the channels when Gracie said, "Stop mom!" I stopped flipping and said, "What is it?" She then said, "Go back!!" I said, "Okay..." and I began slowly flipping back the channels one by one. She then hollered, "STOP!!" A little confused I said, "Gracie, what is it?" She pointed to the t.v. and said, " That's you momma!" I looked up at the screen and lo and behold there was Kelly Ripa sitting next to Regis! I called Mark at work and told him the funny story and then I got to thinking... If my own child thinks I look like Miss Ripa, maybe there is some resemblance? So I went online and found a picture of Kelly, I pinned my hair like hers and snapped a few shots. I still don't see the resemblance...



All in all, I guess I'm flattered that people think I look like someone as pretty as Kelly Rippa. It could definitely be worse... "Hey! Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Courtney Love?"

1 comment:

Laura Marino said...

I can totally see it. Resemblance is different than "looking like" someone. You resemble her but don't look like her. You are beautiful in a your own way... and maybe you could say Kelly Ripa resembles YOU!