Saturday, November 7, 2009

Twenty nine


Well, November 1st I turned 29 years old and for some reason this particular birthday created an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment for me. You see, when I was 10 years old my mom was preparing to turn 29 herself and I can remember imagining what my life would be like when I turned that same age. My ambitions weren't large - in fact they were really simple, but they were mine and they were real. I wanted a loving husband that realized his potential, and mine, who loved God and loved me. I wanted 4 kids - I figured I'd start popping them out when I was 22 and be done by my 28th birthday. I wanted to feel pretty. I wanted a nice house and a sense of security. And most importantly I wanted Jesus in my home and in my heart. After reflecting upon the dreams of my youth I realized I was living them! What a happy birthday this was. Sure, I'm 20 lbs. heavier than I'd like to be but I really do feel pretty. I'm 3 kids shy of my earliest dreams but that's okay because the one kid that I do have is my pride and joy - besides, what was I thinking?! I'm not a machine!:) I am married to a man, that after 12 years together, still gives me the butterflies. He is strong, funny, caring, devoted and grounded. He believes in me and supports all of my crazy ideas - even the ones I come up with at 2 am. I love him and I love the home we share. And last, but certainly not least, I love Jesus! I love how he makes me feel when I reach out to him. I love teaching Gracie about him and I love how simple his gospel is. I love my life... mission accomplished.

No comments: