Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary

On November 12th Mark and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We wanted to do something special this year so we started looking for romantic hotels online. We found an adorable hotel in Fairhaven, with a huge jacuzzi suite, so we made reservations and planned a weekend getaway. We spent 3 days/2 nights together and we both agree that it felt just like our honeymoon all over again. We soaked in the jacuzzi tub,
sipped sparkling cider, watched movies in our plush bathrobes,
played a nice game of checkers by the fireplace, talked about our life together - who we are now vs. who we were back in 1997 (when we started dating), where we want to be in 5 years from now and the good and bad things we're doing as parents. Also, we walked around Fairhaven - a quaint little town with cute litle shops along a cobblestone street. It was just a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to do it all again. I sure do love my hubby and I'm so glad I followed my heart 5 years ago. Happy Anniversary baby!!

2 comments:

itsahalesofalife said...

How romantic. You guys are such a cute couple. We sure love you both!!

The Marley's said...

Yay for you both! Getting out and spending time together like that is the best. You guys really are cute together :)