Monday, April 20, 2009

Water! Please water!


Up until a few days ago we have had nothing but crummy weather here in Washington - I'm talking dark clouds and lots of rain - and for the most part we've all been in crummy moods to match... BUT, the last few days have been gorgeous and we haven't felt better! Saturday we planned a day at Fort Casey with my in-laws and it was sooo much fun!! It was nice to be able to get outdoors... we've been so cooped up inside it's no wonder that we've all been a little cranky!
When we arrived at fort Casey we immediately got bundled up - the wind is pretty strong there and it can feel rather cold. We then let Parker loose! There's a nice open field - perfect for puppies with lots of energy! (there's a leash law as well but we cheated a few times and let Parker go free ;) I think he really appreciated us for it!:) Gracie ran along side him - at times I wondered if perhaps she should be on a leash as well! We tossed the frisbee around and attempted to fly the $3 "Elmo" kite we had bought (last minute) for Gracie - all I can say is you get what you pay for - the thing lifted off the ground only when we we're sprinting - Gracie thought it was fun so I guess that's all that counts... of course she wasn't the one huffing and puffing around the field! We started moving our way towards the bunkers and as soon as Gracie overheard us say something about the water (the bunkers are set on a bluff that overlooks the Puget Sound) she went bonkers! She absolutely loves water! She grabbed my hand and said, "Come on mama!" I said, "Where are we going?" She said, "Water! Please water!" I said, "okay, okay!" as she literally dragged me along. We made our way up a steep flight of stairs that led us to a path down to the waterfront. Whe she saw the sparkling water she ran to the edge of the bluff and I quickly ran after her - it's a good thing that I caught up to her because as I picked her up (inches away from cliff) she said, "Jump! Jump!" She's a little crazy woman with no fear whatsoever! We played at the beach for at least a good hour (probably longer) and we had a blast! It was just a really nice day - one we'll never forget. I sure do love my little family!

1 comment:

brettskiles said...

Glad you had so much fun. To be in the sunshine, on the ocean at the edge of the world can only bring good times. Those moments are the best. Gracie is wonderful!