Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall bug

About two weeks ago I caught the 'fall bug'. I've been trying hard to ignore it - to enjoy every last Summer day, for I know that in a few short months I will miss them, but its been rather tough. Despite the large doses of vitamin D and the fun adventures this summer has given us I feel drained. The things that used to excite me have lost their spunk... sunny days no longer tantalize me, instead I yearn for the smell of fall rain. My flowers, the pinks and purples, are slowly fading away and I'm giddy to replace them with reds and oranges. I'm itching to pull out the "Fall Bin" and start decorating now! Mark would kill me so I'll wait till after Labor day, but not a day later! :) I've already begun making Gracie's Halloween costume!
I pulled up photos from last fall and I have but one thing to say...
bring on the apple cider, wind swept leaves,
crisp air, corn stalks, pumpkins and home baked goodies!
I'm ready!!!