Sunday, July 12, 2009

Parker update...

Okay, so my brother Andrew was bummed that my last post said nothing of Parker... so, here you go Andrew!



Somedays I would like to drop him off on the side of the road with a $20 bill attached his collar... you know, down payment for the "lucky" person who finds him, but most days I don't mind having him around. In fact, there are many moments throughout the week that I feel grateful we have him - he's Gracie's playmate (I can only imagine how much he dislikes all of her shinanigins - but he puts up with it), he's my jogging partner (by default - Mark takes the stroller so I'm stuck with the 80lb giant with 4wheel drive... it's frustrating at first when I'd like to start out with a nice steady pace but it's wonderful towards the end of the jog when I'm feeling too tired to finish - he sort of carries me home), he's the ferocious protector of our home (when there's a knock at the door he barks in his deep barotone voice like a warrior hungry for a kill but that ceases the minute we open the door and he sees potential hugs and kisses from the poor frightened person on the other side) and he's a constant wet mop for the messy spills on our kitchen floor - with a 2 1/2 year old, there's always plenty!
He can be rather annoying and even disobediant... but, all in all, he's a wonderful addition to our family and I recieved no stretch marks in the process! :)

No comments: